Old Panama Historical Monument
Panama Marine Adventures takes back in history the origins of Panama City. Old Panama was the first European settlement on the Pacific coast of the Americas, founded in 1519 by the conquistador Pedro Arias de Avila. It´s importance as a starting point for various expeditions to South America and an important base where gold and silver were sent to Spain. Set on fire during the attack of famous Captain Henry Morgan in 1671. Declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997. We will glide between the remaining ruins on gravel and dirt roads using our Segway x2 in just 90 minutes.
Points of Interest:
San Francisco, Santo Domingo and Mercy Convents, Fort Navidad, Hospital of San Juan de Dios, Slaughterhouse Bridge, Convent and Church of the Nuns of Immaculate Conception, Cabildo (Town Hall), Bishop´s House, Cathedral.
The Tour Includes:
- Segway Leader (tour guide specialized on use of Segway PTs)
- Training, Helmets, Headsets, Bottle of water and poncho.
- Entrance fee to the Historical Monument and Museum.
Conditions | Panama Segway Adventures
- This Segway activity requires a minimum of four (4) or more people.
- If you come alone or in a small group we might join you with another group in the same time slot
- We also offer the option to book private segway tours
- We meet punctually 30 minutes prior the time indicated on your confirmation mail.
- Our meeting point is THE PANAMA VIEJO VISITORS CENTER, PARKING LOT AREA.
- Before leaving, you will receive a brief Segway training. Use of helmets is mandatory
- The minimum age allowed is 10 years old,
- The minimum weight the PT can take is 100lbs (45kg) and the maximum is 260lbs (117kg)
- Because of safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept pregnant women on the Segway Tour
- Our Segway Tours follow Panama City Council and Segway® safety guidelines
- Departures and itinerary are subject weather conditions and city events.
- We may cancel the tour if the participants' behavior endangers their own or other's safety
- In case of bad weather, we contact you within 2 hours prior in order to arrange an alternative
- For pre-paid bookings, the cancellation limit to get a full refund is 48 hours prior to the tour