1. Is the transfer from our hotel to the check in point included?
Transfers from hotels to our check in point is not included.
2. What is the best way to get to the Flamenco Marina?
The best way is by taxi. You can take a regular taxi from the street, have the hotel arrange one for you or call for an Uber.
3. Are there hotels nearby the check in point?
Yes, there are two hotels nearby. The most popular one is the Country Inn & Suites Amador located at the beginning of the Causeway. There’s also the Wyndham Albrook Mall which is located about 10 to 15 minutes from the Causeway.
4. What is the difference between a Northbound and Southbound Panama Canal transit?
The difference between the northbound and southbound Panama Canal transit is the direction that the Pacific Queen is headed. In the Northbound direction, the vessel heads towards the Atlantic Ocean (North part of the country). In the southbound directions, the vessel heads toward the Pacific Ocean (South part of the country). In both directions the vessel passes through the same places.
5. What should we bring?
You camera well charged is a must! Other than that, comfortable clothes, hat, sunglasses and sun block.
6. Are there snacks and drinks for sale?
You will find onboard snacks, such as chips, chocolates, etc.; and drinks such as iced tea, beers and wine.
7. How much time in advance should we make reservations?
We recommend to all passengers to make their reservations as soon as they are sure they want to take the tour.
8. Is there parking at the Flamenco Marina?
Flamenco Marina has plenty of parking. The best part is that it is free.
9. Is there a souvenir shop onboard?
We have onboard a small souvenir shop with a variety of Panamanian arts and crafts hand made by our indigenous tribes. You will also find souvenirs allusive to the Panama Canal.
10. What is the duration of a Partial and Full Canal Tour?
The duration of the partial transit is between 4 to 5 hours. The Full transit is between 10 to 12 hours. Please bear in mind that these timings are approximate as we depend on the Canal Schedule.
11. What is the currency in Panama?
In Panama our currency is in U.S. dollars.
12. How is the weather in Panama?
Panama has a tropical climate, with temperatures staying constant all year round, ranging from 90°F (32°C) during the daytime to 70°F (21°C) in the evening. The dry season goes from December through April and the rainy season from May through November.