- “This experience far exceeded our expectations! Octavio Rios, and his superb team and crew, were knowledgeable, courteous, helpful and thoughtful. It is the best eco-tour we have ever taken, which we will be highly recommend to others. It is a complete package, which is unlikely to be surpassed by any competitors. Thank you!”
Richard Hahn, May 26, 2011
- “The entire crew from the Captain down were absolutely superb. Nothing was too much trouble. Our best holiday experience ever. We will be recommending this trip to all our friends. Many thanks for a very memorable experience of which I have dreamed of doing since 1954 when I was still at school.”
John Barnes, May 26, 2011
- “I loved the trip and all of the crew were outstanding. The best ever!”
Violet Medak, May 18, 2011
- “This was wonderful. I will recommend this to everyone who wants the Panama Canal or just a get-away! I can't begin to say how great the entire crew is in all aspects. So caring and helpful.”
Shirley Ann Prince, May 18, 2011
- "Dear Discovery Staff,
Thank you All for a fabulous few days. Everything was perfect - everyone was so helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable! The boat was always clean, the staff efficient, the food delicious and served so well! A special thank you to Octavio for his lectures and "good eye" in finding wildlife.
Vickie Lacks, June 20, 2009.
- "A real pleasure to take this cruise - the captain and crew are wonderful and I continue to be in awe of the Canal and its workings! Thank you!"
Kathy Tyus, June 20, 2009.
- "This is a wonderful ship - so clean and efficient, and all the crew so pleasant to work with. Thanks for making this short stay so memorable. Hopefully we'll do this again. Panama is inviting. Thank you,"
The Rileys, April 29, 2009.
- " Octavio, Captain, and Crew, thank you for an outstanding experience. You were great!"
Marge Heddles & Carolyn Redmond, April 29, 2009.
- "The boat was great, the personnel were great, and I loved each destination.
I'd not change even one of them. The food was plentiful and tasty, the bar was well stocked, and the wine choices were wonderful. I loved the guides, and learned so much from them -- nature, culture, history -- Ian and Octavio were fabulous! The zodiac drivers were skilled, helpful and attentive to passengers' needs. Providing kayaks and snorkel gear was above & beyond, and made the trip even more enjoyable. The cabins were well maintained and comfortable. They even provided a drying rack on the back deck. I think this cruise is the most perfect way to enjoy the Canal, and I will be recommending it to friends."
Marge O'Connor, USA, February 7, 2009.
- "I had a wonderful time..... thank you. I liked the cruise, and Panama, and the people.
Christine Anderton, Australia, February 7, 2009.
- "Overall experience was excellent (better than good). We truly enjoyed the young, smiling, energetic crew! They were all warm and welcoming, and made our trip smooth and enjoyable.The Chagres River and Pearl Islands were superb. All other sites were very good to excellent (between superb and good; table in question #10 would not let me check more than one box per column). Thank you very much,"
Lee and Laurie Harper, USA, February 7, 2009.
- "Overall lovely dining lounge and great group of guests and staff. All very fun and relaxing. I enjoyed reading somedays while my Husband kayaked, basically in our front yard."
Carole Weil, Canada, February 7, 2009.
- “Your crew is adorable and
competent. They ran things as an upscale cruise should be run.”
Carla Hunt, editor
of Recommend Magazine.
- “I have been waiting a
LOOOOONGGGG time for something like this, and all in all I was not a bit
Annie Berk, Vice President of Ladatco Tours.
- “Thanks so much for a
wonderful experience. It will make a fabulous story or stories. Thanks again to
the crew. They are very special and loving people.” …
Eleanor Mc Daniel, writer
for Odyssey Couleur Magazine.
- “Thanks again for a
fabulous experience. Let me start by saying Terry and I had a
fantastic time in Panama and can’t wait to come back!” …
Associate Publisher & Editor of Fusion Publishing Inc.
- “It isn't hyperbole to say that we thought it was a
great trip, with a great crew, terrific guides and a well thought out
Peter Rose, editor of SoGoNow.com
- “Vern and I had a
marvelous time and are still talking about the Discovery and our wonderful
adventure. Its crew and the beautiful country of Panama. All were FIRST CLASS!”
Jaci Barton, Massachusetts.
“I learned a lot about Panama and it is really a great destination. I hope
that this new knowledge will translate into more people visiting this unique
country! This is really a fantastic product, and I know it's going to be a
great success!!” …
Virginia Oviedo, Product Manager for Latin America,
Abercrombie & Kent.
“It was a fantastic and unique experience with lots of varied activities for
all types of tourist interests. A true learning experience that is fun for the
traveler that would like to be well educated on the history and culture of
Panama, the indigenous tribes of Panama and the natural history of the country.”
Charlie Weaver, Destination Manager, International Expeditions.
- “A warm hats off to the
Panama Marine Adventures for a fantastic expedition.” …
Sandy Doss, Vice
President of Academic Programming, Holbrook Travel.
- “Thank you all for a
wonderful vacation in Panama! …
Dean, Gail & Ben Bergstrom, Columbia
Missouri, December 28, 2007.
- “So honored to ‘test the
waters’ on the Discovery. Discovery treated us like royalty!”…
December 28, 2007.
- “It was excellent. We
really enjoyed every second of it”…
Ricardo & María Isabel Brin,
inmensamente la semana de crucero en el Discovery, con sus muchas y diversas
actividades. Ojalá podamos repetir la experiencia”…
Jorge & Viola García,
- “Gracias a todos,
la pasamos excelente. Nos atendieron de maravilla”…
Lolita & Guy
Canavaggio, Enero 2008, Panamá.
- “¡Mil gracias por
la semana tan fantástica!”…
Julianne Canavaggio, Enero 2008, Panamá.
- “¡La pasamos
Valerie Canavaggio, Enero 2008, Panamá.
- “Gracias por todas
las atenciones. Nos sentimos como en casa, pero sin ninguna preocupación ni
trabajo. Creo que todos la pasamos muy bien y el viaje fue interesante,
entretenido e instructivo. Que sigan con el mismo éxito en sus próximos viajes”…
Viola García y familia, Panamá.
- “Congratulations to Panama
Marine Adventures! Having sailed this route same 25 years ago on the Great
Rivers Explorer… I am thrilled that someone has taken up the banner to showcase
the beauties of Panama! Now if only you could somehow portage up to Chiriquí
all would be well with the world! Seriously, you have a great product and
wonderful opportunity – go for it! Wish the best of luck and safe
Annie Berk, January 19 2008, Ladatco Tours, Miami.
- “Thank you for a wonderful
week. The new surprises came non-stop. We looked for crocodiles and sloths and
never saw one. Then all in one day we saw over 50 dolphins, flying rays and a
yellow bellied sea snake. My favorite activity though were the people –
the Emberas – the children especially were so beautiful. I love the
windows in the staterooms – you can watch the world (the sea world) go by”
January 2008, Mary Jo Plouf, travelwriters.com
gracias por un viaje maravilloso”,
Buzzy Gordon, January 2008.
- “It’s always good to be in
Panama. But this time was the best: aboard the Discovery. A truly great way to
see all the best of the country in the company of truly wonderful Panamanians.
We thank you for a wonderful week at sea, inland. With great appreciation and
Tom & Carla Hunt, January 18 2008.
- “Great coffee! Thanks for
Lorry Heverly – City Social Magazine, Baton Rouge,
- “Our adventure aboard the Discovery
was an incredible introduction to your country and to your people. The country
of Panama is beautiful and rich in history, surpassed only by the beauty of
your people. Thank you so much for your warm and friendly hospitality and for
making this trip of a lifetime one to remember!"
Jaci Barton & Vern
Grabel, Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- “A truly magnificent crew –
wonderful scenery – amazing locations”…
Sandy Doss – Holbrook
- “Great ship, great staff,
great itinerary, great food. Now where’s my jaguar!”
Tim Leffel –
- “To my new friends,
looking forward to many years of success and Balboas. Un abrazo!”…
Weaver – International Expeditions, Alabama.
- “What an incredible
experience in every unique destination. Great service and disposition. This
cruise will be a world class product”
Jorge Rodriguez – Miami, FL.
- “Fantastic journey with
great new friends”
Danielle Hayes, New York, NY.
- “Can’t think of anything
that would have made this trip any better! Fabulous Captain, crew and guides,
great program – keep up the good work and best wishes for the future!”
Peter & Hedy Rose – Northampton, MA.
- “What a fabulous idea –
ocean to ocean on Discovery! Had a blast – hope to return in the future”
Cindy Smith – Frontiers International Travel, Wexford, PA.
- “Wonderful trip, fantastic
crew! We loved it, mites and all!”
Connie Ekelund – Vancouver, BC,
- “I know of no place in the
world that combines such fantastic combination of scenery, history, culture,
and engineering marvel in such a small piece of the earth’s surface. I am
honored to be part of it –
Iann Sanchez, guide onboard the Discovery.
- “Good coffee and always a
smile. Thank you”
Wade Eastwood, film crew, James Bond Quantum of Solace,
- “Beautiful boat, nice and
fresh and thank you for the delicious iced tea with cranberry juice. First time
I tried it and will be making some more now. Good luck!”
Olga Kurylenko, actress,
James Bond Quantum of Solace.